A heavy-duty hedge trimmer is an essential tool for any homeowner or a professional gardening service provider who has many bushes and hedges to trim regularly.
It’s one of the more expensive tools for your garden, so you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the right one.
When purchasing a heavy duty hedge trimmer, there are many things to consider, such as the power (petrol or electric), length of the blade, the weight of the tool, and cutting method.
To help you with your decision-making process, we’ve created this guide full of reviews on some popular models from trusted brands like Makita and Black & Decker.
If you’re still unsure about which model is best for your needs or don’t know where to start looking for recommendations online, check out our top picks below:
Our Best Choice for the Heavy Duty Electric Hedge Trimmer
- Blade tip guard to prevent kickback and protect the gears
- Stain-free shear blade surface of glittering Silver obtained by non-electrolsed nickel plating that features high anti-abrasion surface for long lasting coating
- Multi-grip system; gripping the Main and sub grips for extra-long reach, front and sub grips for efficient side hedge trimming and front and main grips for easy top of hedge trimming
- Two handed safety switch in all applications. Each of the three grips is equipped with a grip switch
- The blades start only when two of the three grip switches are Engaged at once, and stop immediately when one of the two switches is released
Our 2nd Choice for the Best Heavy Duty Petrol Hedge Trimmer
- Ideal for frequent use the HT 5622 is a 22.7cc petrol powered hedge trimmer that has an power output of 0.65kW. The HT 5622 has a blade length of 56 cm and a blade gap of 22 mm
- The rear handle is possible to adjust in multiple positions for ergonomic work
- Weighing only 5.2 kg this petrol hedge trimmer also features dual action blades, reciprocating cutting, soft start, ergonomic adjustable handle, low noise engine, anti-vibration handles, auto return stop switch, tool-less air filter and a visible fuel tank
- Anti-vibration system: Yes
Also check out the most powerful hedge trimmers UK.
Additional Best Selling Heavy Duty & Powerful Garden Hedge Cutters Below:
The following are our top picks for the best heavy duty hedge trimmers UK available on the market today.
They are all reviewed based on features such as quality, power and price so that you’ll know exactly which one is right for you!